Hunt game “GREEK SENSATIONS”
Discover Athens from the another side! A treasure hunt game will present to participants the Greek culture through an experiential way. They will have to walk and… run in all important sites of the town in order to collect points and hints using all 5 of the human senses. During their hunt they will have to communicate with shop owners, even speak some Greek. They will have to answer questions related to the history and the economy of the country, taste local products, cook Greek dishes, take pictures, dance. On this way, Greece will live in your memory unforgettable.
Participants will be split in teams of 10-12 persons. All necessary tools for the game will be in an envelope for the each team (map, booklet, dictionaries, paper, digital photo camera etc). For the next 3-3 ½ hours they will have to visit different parts of the old town Plaka in order to take part in different master-classes or hint to proceed. At each point a representative will be present to facilitate the procedure. At the end of the game a winner will be announced.
Duration: 3-3 ½ hours
Location: Plaka, the old part of Athens
- Greek Olympic Quiz (answer and learn about the history, Olympic Games & sports, culture, economy and gastronomy of the country)
- Greek Tastes.
- Salty tastes: participants have to identify different varieties of Greek cheese (feta, graviera, etc) and olives accompanied by traditional Greek bread. (
- Sweet tastes: there will be three different and very characteristic Greek deserts
- Greek drinks: 5 different Greek drinks will be offered to participants to taste and identify: Greek Ouzo, Metaxa Brandy, mastic, white and red wine.
- Greek Photo shooting: Given digital cameras participants have to discover particular places, items related to the Greek culture, architecture, history (old doors, statues, street names etc) and take pictures of them. After the program finished, we will send you one CD with a selection of the photos you took!
- Greek cooking lesson: Participants will be given instructions and ingredients and will make a typical Greek salad which originates from Crete island or cook and taste the famous Greek tzatziki.
- Komboloi making workshop: And of course Greeks play their komboloi, with the beads so that they are stress relieved and relaxed. So the teams will also have to make colorful komboloi in this workshop.
- Smells Greek: Participants smell spices hidden in bags (cinnamon, oregano, thyme etc.) and must find the origin of each smell.
- Greek Coffee and Frappe! Participants will go to an old and authentic cafeteria and make themselves a strong Greek coffee or an iced frappe coffee!
Cost of program: from 80 € per pax.
Minimum number of participant – group of 25 persons.
- English speaking Coordinator for the event
- All necessary equipment for the implementation of the event as described above (stands, plates, glasses, napkins and all food and drink necessary, digital photo cameras or video cameras, batteries)
- One small bottle of water for every participant
- One CD with a selection of the best photos taken during the Athens sensations
- Group transfer Hotel – Plaka – Hotel.
Extra activities & services that can be included:
- Souvlaki Master-class: 5€ per person (participants will visit a souvlaki shop and prepare their own souvlaki)
- Medals for the members of the first three winning teams. (approximately 5€ per medal)
- Soap making course or Perfume making course: Participants will be given the necessary ingredients and will be asked to make their own perfume or soap! Price upon request.
- Greek souvenir - one small bag with souvenir for every participant : 5 euros per person